The Department of Tourism and Archeology at An-Najah was established to provide the students with the necessary theoretical knowledge and practical training in the field. The Department is one of An-Najah’s most recent at the Faculty of Human Sciences, and offers BA in Tourism and Archeology.
The program aims at achieving excellence in educating students and spreading awareness in the community at large regarding Palestine’s archeology and promoting its importance to Palestinian culture and tourism.
The Department is looking forward to playing an effective role in activating tourism locally and internationally through the renovation of archeological sites, establishing museums, providing the local market with qualified graduates in their specialization, and building bridges of cooperation and communication with other departments in local and neighboring universities. All of this work maintains an emphasis on upholding historical roots and the national identity.
The Department's Objectives:
- Providing the relevant sectors and institutions - such as the Ministry of Higher Education, Ministry of Tourism and Archeology, Tourism Police, and travel and tourism offices - with a qualified scientific cadre that will contribute in meeting the community’s needs and developing it to meet the highest standards in Tourism and Archeology.
- Introducing distinguished education in the fields of tourism and archeology, enhanced with scientific research in order to serve the needs of the Palestinian community.
- Introducing students to the modern scientific aids and techniques manifested in the fields of tourism and archeology in order to keep up with technological development.
- Opening prospects for cooperation with the national and international institutions to renovate and develop archeological sites and invest them in the field of tourism.
The student should be able to:
- Work in Tourism offices, reservations and companies.
- Enroll and supervise archeological excavations.
- Contribute effectively as tourist guides to activate the local market on the one hand, and spread awareness in the public on the other.
- Participate in developing and managing tourist and archeological sites.
- Embed the national spirit in students’ hearts through the courses that address Palestinian cultural heritage.
- Understand, analyze, conclude and link the past with the present.
Jafar Subhi Hardan Abahre
Mazen Rasmi Rateb Abdel-Latif
Maher Khaled Amen Abuzant
Amin Masoud Mahmoud Abo-Bakr
Khalil Hamdallah Hussein Odeh
Atef Mohammad Yousef Khwaieh
Jalaal As'ad Qozah